Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day - The Trending Topic

Valentine's Day seems to be a hot topic at the moment, and I have a bit of free time on my hands so I thought I'd contribute to the wild fire.

This particular day of the year has two main effects on you. It either gives you an opportunity to further express your love for a certain someone. Or remind you that you are alone. The latter tends to have that much more of an impact if you're out in public seeing all the happy couples around you. Luckily, I'm not a chump that gets downed by this sight. Coming home from a business meeting, I saw a LOT of couples smiling, giving each other roses and what-not. It was a cute sight. And it brought a smile to my face. I just think "Good for them" and I go on about my day. It's not like I go home and cry myself to sleep because I can't share this day with someone.

To those that are in a relationship, I sort of question the purpose of this day. Showing your affection towards someone else can be done everyday. Apparently giving someone a rose and a teddy bear on a "special" day makes them love you that much more.

If I continued to ramble on, this would be a pretty long post. So I'm just gonna cut it short. One more thing before I sign off though.

Dear hand,
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment